30 works in 30 days- the homestretch

Monday, February 6, 2012











Yesterday was the last day of my 30 works in 30 days project.  It feels
good to have completed a personal goal, and I'm looking forward to my
creative pace easing up a bit.



As expected, I learned a few things along the way. 



1.  There is time in the day to create more art.  It really comes down to time management and priorities.  I've had to say no to a number of things the past month, but I realized that that's not a bad thing.



2.  It's all about balance and perspective, especially for an artist who works from home and has children living at home.  If I was 25 years-old and single, a 50 - 60 hour work week would be expected.  But the schedule I maintained the last four weeks is not sustainable for where I'm at in life (with a busy family schedule) . . . and I'm okay with that.



3.  I'm tired, but I'm not burned out.  Just more affirmation that I love what I do.  In addition to the 30 in 30, I also worked on a new client project this month.  I'll share more about this experience in the next post.









The one downside of kicking out so many works of art in a short period is not having the time to talk about each work that I've created.  The above work, Bouquet, is the last piece in the series and the most personal.  Several days ago, we learned that a teenage girl in our church community had taken her own life.  She was just fifteen. 



So, late Saturday night, in a cloud of sorrow, I painted this piece.  I included outlines of japanese anemones, which are some of my favorite flowers.  They are delicate and sweet, much like children. 





No comments:

Post a Comment