swap-a-thon goodies

Monday, October 22, 2012



Last month, five names were fished out of a bowl as part of an annual swap-a-thon on Habit of Art.  I sent my art to five readers, and, in return, I received delightful treats and beautifully crafted items.  Three of the packages came from afar- New Zealand, Australia, and France. 



I love that I have so many talented and creative readers! The photos below show the contents of each swap package.  







New Zealand artist Sally Reynolds made this felted trivet and linen pouch from woolen jumpers and a tea towel.  The cozy wool and mountain scene remind me of home. 







Yummy tea, luxurious yarn remnants, and a set of very cool buttons made up this package from Katie of Je suis une monstre.  J'adore the stamps on the box- tres French!







I love this simple turquoise drop necklace by Linda of Osage Orange Studio.  Linda also included an original drawing by her husband!






The first swap to arrive was from Annie of California.  Tea, yarn, adorable gnome art, and a chocolate caramel bar- yes!  The chocolate is already long gone, but I'm still putting the yarn to good use.









I was so touched that Lamina of Do a bit created a new bag design for our swap.  She blogs about the creative process here.   I was also given one of her lovely screenprinted tea towels.  Hurray for artsy kitchen towels!



Thanks again to all who participated in the swap-a-thon, and I look forward to another great exchange next year.





















No comments:

Post a Comment