New work, "Wanderlust"

Monday, October 24, 2011




Wanderlust, my latest mixed media painting on 18 x 24 in. wood panel






work in progress













After a six week painting hiatus, I'm back at it and have finished my largest painting so far this year.  You may remember me working on it in this video.  After concentrating on smaller pieces for the past two years,  I'm looking forward to the challenge of working on bigger paintings in upcoming months.  



I'm all about night scenes lately.  I like to create dramatic contrast with colors, but it's more than just aesthetics. I am drawn to the quiet of the night.  In a day and age when information and noise are constant in city living, my landscape paintings are an escape from the busyness of man's world.  And at night, the peacefulness of the wilderness seems to be magnified even more. 



Wanderlust is currently available in my Etsy shop.  You can read more about it here.  



No comments:

Post a Comment